GISCorps volunteer creating web maps for World Humanitarian Summit (WHS) The UN Secretary-General will convene…
Authored by: Jason Harshman & Marc Guidry – June 2017
GISCorps solicited volunteers Jason Harshman and Marc Guidry to assist Feeding America Riverside/San Bernardino (FARSB) in utilizing the Esri ArcGIS Online (AGO) platform to host and share geospatial content and applications. This included the development of their AGO portal, administration of the portal, creating content, and developing applications. This effort provided FARSB with an AGO portal that they can build upon with more content, apps, and services to share with their members.
Activities & Outputs
Custom AGO homepage
- Created homepage for AGO public access. Incorporated FARSB’s branding in homepage style using the same green/orange color schema and logos
- Created a Featured Content gallery to highlight key applications and content for easy access by the public
Custom AGO Accounts:
- Created general admin account designed for volunteers to utilize in the administration and maintenance of FARSB’s AGO portal
- Created a second admin account for FARSB staff to maintain administrative access to their own portal
- Created an account with publishing permissions to use for sharing official content to the public
Custom AGO Groups:
- Created group for public data and maps to be featured on the homepage gallery. Applied a custom icon to create a unique way to visually identify the Featured Content group
- Created a group to store demographic content to provide FARSB users a quick location to access useful demographic data
Agency and Partner Locations Web App
Geocoded a CSV file containing a list of agency and partner addresses. Published the point locations as a hosted feature service and symboloized the locations based on the type of facility. Created a web application with the agency and partner feature service and FARSB service area. Included a widget to filter the locations shown based on which locations were open on a given day.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits Web App
Utilized Esri Geo-enrichment analysis to determine the number of households receiving SNAP benefits for each zip code within the FARSB service area. Created a web application with a feature service of the results and the FARSB service area.
Poverty Level Web App
Utilized Esri Geo-enrichment analysis to determine the number of households receiving SNAP benefits for each census tract within the FARSB service area. Created a web application with a feature service of the results and the FARSB service area.