GISCorps is run by a Core Committee of up to 9 members supported by an Advisory Board and a Program Coordinator. This team e-meet monthly and communicate daily.
This is the story of a volunteer-driven effort based only on passionate and intense long night hours and weekends outside of our daily domestic and work responsibilities. These efforts have been fun, challenging and stimulating. We would not trade them for the world. We believe this is the story of an idea that was acted upon to better the world.
Shoreh Elhami, Founder
Wincy Poon, Chair
Konrad Hughes, Co-Chair
Past Core Committee Members
- Chris Zumwalt, GISP – Associate GIS Professional, WRA Environmental Consultants, California; GISCorps Volunteer and Project Manager since 2009
- Leslie Zolman, GISP – GIS Coordinator, American Leprosy Missions, Colorado; GISCorps volunteer and URISA member since 2009
- David Hansen, GISP – Volunteer with American Red Cross, GIS Search and Rescue (GISSAR), GISCorps, Service with GISCI committees and past President of Board (2010-2012)
- David Litke – GIS Section Chief/Hydrologist, Colorado Water Science Center, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, Colorado (retired)
- Mark J. Salling, Ph.D., GISP – Director, Northern Ohio Data & Information Service (NODIS) College Fellow, Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University. URISA Board of Directors 2003-2005
- Heather Milton, GISP – Senior GIS Specialist, URS St Louis MO, GISCorps Member & Volunteer since 2004
- Carol Kraemer, GISP – GIS Specialist, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Cindy Braddock – Business Analyst/GIS Manager, Boulder County Assessor’s Office, Boulder, CO, URISA Board of Directors 2008-2010
- Ray DeLeon – Senior Project Manager, HJW GeoSpatial, Oakland, CA, GISCorps Member & Volunteer since 2004
- Ingrid Bruce – GIS/Special Districts Manager, City of Rancho Cucamonga, CA, URISA Board of Directors 2005-2008
- Founding Member: Juna Papajorgji, Ph.D. – Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Urban & Regional Planning, University of Florida. URISA Board of Directors 2007-2009
- Founding Member: Martha Lombard – URISA President 2003. Spatial Focus, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Founding Member: Ed Wells – URISA President 2007. CTO, Washington DC
- Kevin Sato, Utah
- Frank Chang, Nevada
- Tom Conry, Virginia
- Sanjiv Gandhi, Florida