- Find Volunteers
- Create awareness of opportunity to volunteer through URISA publications
- Look for other ways to get the word out (see Marketing section, flyers, etc.)
- Enhance the existing volunteer application
- Find Volunteer Opportunities
- Establish partnerships with agencies that are providing related services in potential host countries to develop opportunities
- Depending on the host community’s needs, volunteers might stay up to 2 months. Services could include:
- Conducting technical workshops (i.e. URISA workshops)
- Conducting software-specific training classes (where software selections are already in place, and no local presence exists to provide such training)
- Assisting in the development of web-based interactive mapping applications
- Assisting in the design of data models and data collection methodologies
- Assisting in strategic planning of GIS systems and their implementation.
- Engaging in and promoting an exchange program between the US and host countries professionals
- Find Sponsorships
- GISCorps will be supported by individuals’ donations, corporations, and other non-profit groups with similar goals.